The 1st bingo game was played in the United States in 1929, but bingo didn’t become a copyrighted game in the USA until 1933. In the past several decades bingo has become increasingly popular in the USA and is now played across the nation. Bingo players in the USA can play at bingo halls in their city/town or they may also play at our top US bingo hall.
In the United States the most popular type of bingo game is 75-ball bingo. When you play in a USA bingo hall you’ll often only be able to play 75-ball bingo. When you play with an online bingo hall that accepts US players you’ll be able to play more variations of bingo including 90-ball bingo, 80-ball bingo and various exotic bingo variations that you won’t find in land-based bingo halls in the USA.
USA Bingo Facts
- Bingo is known to be a game that’s popular amongst the older crowd, but recent studies have shown that roughly 90% of the bingo players in the USA are younger than 50 years of age. Studies have also shown that roughly 33% of bingo players in the USA are younger than 35 years of age.
- The 1st bingo halls in the United States weren’t built until the 1940’s. Bingo had already been created, but there were no bingo halls dedicated to running bingo games until the 40’s in the USA.
- Tennessee placed a ban on bingo halls in 1989 due to corruption scandals and now charities in the state of Tennessee are only allowed to host one bingo game annually and all proceeds must go towards the charity.
- Bingo games typically only take an average of 4-5 minutes to play and according to studies it only takes a bingo host 30 seconds to confirm that you have a winning bingo card. Technology has helped increase the speed at which bingo can be played and that has opened up the game to a broader crowd of players.
- According to studies in North America the bingo industry has weekly revenues in excess of $90M. Bingo is played by 1 in 8 adults and that makes bingo more popular than every major sporting event in the USA. This fact is hard to believe if you’re a sports fan, but studies have shown that over 10% of the adult population has played bingo for fun or real money.
- Statistics have shown that there are over 60 million bingo players in the USA that have played for real money in bingo halls across the nation. Bingo players in the USA visit bingo halls over 1 billion times annually and its big business for the charitable organizations allowed operating bingo games.
- Most people think women predominately play bingo, but that isn’t the case. Studies have shown that nearly as many men play bingo as women. The only difference is that women bingo players play more often than men, which is why it seems that so many more women play bingo compared to men.